Shop Mathematics and Blueprint Reading
COURSE CODE: KCSMBP-02
Credit Value: 2.0
On completion of this course the student will be able to
- Demonstrate ability to perform basic mathematical functions used on the shop floor and various industrial processes.
- Demonstrate ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Demonstrate understanding of shop mathematics:
Base 10, decimals, decimal equivalents, percentages, fractions, algebraic expressions, simple equations, ratio, proportion, graphs, charts, data handling, weights, measures, metric conversion, exponents, square roots, right triangles, angles, plane figures, area, measurement of solid figures, volume, introduction to trigonometric tables.
- Demonstrate understanding of the use orthographic projection techniques to describe three dimensional objects.
- Demonstrate understanding of the use auxiliary views in conjunction with orthographic projections to describe three dimensional objects.
- Demonstrate the use of sectioning to describe internal features of three dimensional objects.
- Demonstrate understanding of how to interpret features of engineering drawing (linework and dimensioning).
- Demonstrate understanding of how to iinterpret title blocks of engineering drawings.
- Demonstrate understanding of how to interpret complete engineering drawings.
- Demonstrate understanding of how to iinterpret assembly drawings.